Benefits of Massage Therapy
What are the benefits of massage therapy? Massage therapy benefits include increase in positive emotions and energy levels as well as physical improvements such as more ease and reduced pain.
Experts estimate that upwards of ninety percent of disease is stress-related. Nothing ages us faster, internally and externally, than high stress. Massage is an effective tool for managing this stress, which translates into:
- Decreased anxiety
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improved concentration
- Increased circulation and hydration
- Reduced fatigue
Massage Therapy Improves Health Issues:
Therapeutic massage can help to specifically address a number of health issues. Massage therapy benefits include:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
Relieve migraine and headache pain.
There are many massage therapy benefits. Receiving a massage therapy session is an opportunity to feel so much better physically, emotionally and energetically.